Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changing of seasons

We all know that God works in seasons in our life. The past few weeks have been, quite appropriately, a changing of seasons in my life.

After two and a half months in Jamaica this summer, I am immediately thrust into some difficult situations and decisions. Travel, a new job, changing relationships, and growth have all been part of this new season.

The most exciting of which is a full-time position with Praying Pelican Missions as Missions Consultant! So after serving in Jamaica in some capacity for about 18 years, the three past years being with PPM, I finally get to live out my dream and serve full-time in missions! Consulting with teams, fundraising, and of course. . . leading and serving with a lot of groups in Jamaica . . . and possibly elsewhere in the future as we continue to grow and follow where God is leading us. As I step into this role I will need to raise $10,000+ annually to cover expenses and part of my salary. I'm excited to see how God will work through what can potentially be a very difficult process.

Actually, just as exciting if not a little more, is the personal growth this season of my life has started. It's been amazing already just to see how God has been working in me and showing me areas in my life that need some attention. Spending time reading, praying, reflecting, and just being quiet has been amazingly beneficial! If you've ever read Donald Miller's "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years", then you'll know what I say when I say I'm trying to live a good story. :)

Traveling, traveling, traveling! Since June 1 (when I left for Jamaica for the summer) I have been home probably a total of 1 week. A weekend in Chicago, bonding and meetings in Minnesota, a birthday weekend in Vegas for awesome friends, and now Denver next week for some training. I feel like a nomad! Ha! But it's been great to connect with friends and to be away from the distractions of home. It's actually made it easier to reinvent myself and to hear God.

Now since I've officially started full-time with PPM, I feel like the season has changed over and it's time to live in the new season of my life. For this I have a couple needs:

1. PRAYER! I immediately found out during this change in my life that prayer is the most important part of personal growth! So please be in prayer for my own personal growth as well as my growth with PPM. Pray for my fundraising efforts, pray for safety in travel, pray for groups that will be signing up to go with us, and pray for God's will to be done and not my/our own. God is good. . . especially when you're following His path!

2. Financial: As mentioned I need to raise $10,000+ in this new position with PPM. I would ask that you prayerfully consider donating. You can go here http://prayingpelicanmissions.org/donate.cfm, click on the "Staff Sponsor" on the top left of the form, fill out the form and select my name, and click either "one time" or "monthly" at the bottom. It's that easy! :) Or you can mail a check with my name in the memo section to the address at the bottom of the page. Either way your gift is tax deductible and a receipt will be sent to you.

3. Click! I will be updating this much more often now, so follow along! I'm also on Facebook and Twitter (@brianzeschke)!

God is good and I know I'm very excited for this new season in my life! Thank you all for being a part of it!

No comments: