Monday, June 28, 2010

Don't worry, be happy. . .

The next group of about 70 showed up yesterday in Kingston. Actually it's 4 different groups, but together they make up the next group we'll be working with here in Old Harbour/Old Harbour Bay. I'll be working closely with a group of 14 from Cadillac, MI and we'll be doing some home construction for most of the week. And I should have internet access for the week so I'll try to keep things posted and updated on here. . . including some more pictures! :)

The beach in Negril where we spent our beach day last Friday. . .

The site of our house construction this coming week. . .


Enjoying some coconuts fresh off the tree. . .


What would become Tropical Storm Alex made his way through here last weekend and early into this past week so we've had our fair share of rain. Other than that the weather's been great (sunny, hot and humid) and we haven't had any problems.

Earlier this week I was reminded of a verse an old friend had showed to me years ago; Jeremiah 29:11; "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." As I go through life (and get older) I am continually reminded of this verse. When I am tempted to worry about life and what's going to happen tomorrow, the next day, next year, or further, I remember this verse. Granted I know I should PLAN for the future, but not worry about it. I see people running through life, missing the little things, because they're so consumed with what tomorrow will bring. Then I come here and see those that have so little and sometimes don't know if they can even afford to eat tomorrow, but they're always so joyful and happy! 60+ year olds working their tails off doing manual labor or in a kitchen cooking for us so we can be fat and happy. . . and all with a smile on their faces. All reminds me. . . don't worry, be happy! :)

No comments: